Sunday, April 13, 2008

Around 8:30 Sunday morning I was woken up by a man and a woman having a conversation outside my front window. Once awake I took interest in the conversation wanting to know what was so important I needed to be woken up for. Well it turns out a stray cat had given birth to a kitten in one of the parking spots and left it there proceeding to hide under a car. After awhile I noticed there was another kitten in the middle of the road as well. The gentleman who had been talking to the woman proceeded to pick them up one by one and place them near the mom. The mom cat disappeared leaving the newborn kittens to care for themselves. Being the sucker I am I could not just leave them there to die. I went to the pet store and got kitten formula and a bottle and after cleaning them proceeded to feed them. For the past eight or so hours every one to two hours I have fed them, reheated the heat pad under them and stimulated them to urinate. Okay, maybe that last part was too much information. So far they are both still alive.
Before their bath
After their bath, they are going to need another one but I was more interested in keeping them alive and warm.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No words? Please tell us all about your post! The world needs to know that you do have a really big heart.