Friday, April 25, 2008

CSUB Baseball

In a discussion of school sports the other day I was told I knew a lot about the at this point non-existent CSUB baseball team. When asked why I said it is my school I figure I should know something about it and the information is right there on the school website. Well I found these advertisements for the first game which is February 20th, 2009 and enjoyed them so I thought I would share.


"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do, I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby
"Baseball is the only place in life where a sacrifice is really appreciated." -author unknown
"I see great things in baseball. It's our game- the American game." -Walt Whitman
"This is a game to be savored, not gulped. There's time to discuss everything between pitches or between innings." - Bill Veeck

No comments: